In case you missed my cyberspace trip to France about a week ago, here's what I did over at Ma Nouvelle Mode!!
I've been wanting to put something on my front door to welcome Spring. I have a wreath but it's about 3 years old and a little tattered...thanks Oklahoma wind!
I had this just hanging on my son's closet door.....
This is a pretty shade of blue but I'm quite fond of PINK.
So I gathered some materials:
Fabric for Bunting....joining the bandwagon!
The trusty Hot Glue gun!
I started with the container first, knowing it would take several coats of paint as I did not use primer. So in between painting I made the bunting.....
Start with a small square piece of paper.
I folded it in half and then drew a line from one corner to the opposite corner. Do this on both sides.
This is what it looks like unfolded.
Then I folded back the sides or you could cut them off to get a triangle.
Traced on the wrong side of my fabrics. And cut.
I measured a little bit extra at the top so I could have a flap to fold over the jute.
Then just eyeballed a length of jute and started attaching the triangles. 5 triangles were going to be too many so I did 3. *Tip: in decorating, an odd number of objects is more appealing then an even number.*
By gluing the flap it allowed for the triangles to be able to slide on the jute that way adjustments can be made.
Filled container with the flowers and tied on the bunting. I wanted it to be off centered a little so I tied one end to the top of one of the rings.........
....and the other end to the bottom of one of the rings.
And wallah!!! This was about a $10 project!!
This beauty has had to come inside once already due to the wind!
Here's to a beautiful week!!
Check my Link Party page for where I link up HERE.